I’ve been working on a bucket list for a while now. Firstly because I just love crossing out things, but secondly, and more importantly, because I just like the idea of thinking about what I want in life and putting it all down on a list (to eventually cross it all out!).
I’m sure this list is going to be added to whenever I find another ambition, but for me that’s the fun part about it (besides crossing out things). I might even add things that I’ve just recently done (and cross ’em right out!) just because I feel like they are worth being included on a “life’s goals” list.
I would recommend everyone to write such a list. Just think of things you always wanted to do or things you’d really regret someday if you would’ve never done them. Mine consists mostly of wishes, goals I hope to achieve over the years.
Some are easier to accomplish than others, but there should always be room for dreaming, so it’s okay to have items on your list that you might never be able to complete (maybe you’ll even work harder on them knowing that they’re the most unlikely to come true!).
It should be things you can influence, though. So instead of putting be successful on your list, try to think about what that means for you personally. Just think of things that make you happy and then figure out what you could do to get to that point.
No matter what, dream big.
– Live in another country
– Study abroad
– Learn a fourth language
– Start a blog
– Marry the man of my dreams (Engaged!!!)
– Become a mom (just not quite yet)
– Move to another country with my love for a while (in progress)
– Buy a house
– Have a walk-in closet
– Try every cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory (10/36)
– Take a photography class
– Graduate from High School
– Get my Bachelor’s degree
– Get my Master’s degree
– Do at least 3 internships in journalism (2/3)
– Do an internship in New York
– Land my dream job
– Write a book
– Become a published author/editor
– Visit at least 15 of Europe’s capitals (3/15)
– Visit New York City at Christmas time
– See a Broadway-show
– See the Statue of Liberty
– Take a road trip along the northern coast of France
– Visit California with the whole family
– Set foot on all 7 continents (4/7)
– Climb a volcano
– Sleep under the Northern Lights
– Go on a Safari
– Visit Niagara Falls
– Visit all of the US national parks (9/59)
– Gamble in Las Vegas
– Ride an elephant
– Scuba dive
– Ride a camel in the desert
– Watch the sunset at the beach
– Ride a cable car in San Francisco
– Walk down the walk of fame
– Stand on the glass balcony of Willis Tower/Chicago
– Visit Machu Picchu
– Take an air boat ride in the Everglades
– Kiss at the top of the Eiffel tower(I know, super cheesy… But I’m a girl after all!)
– Kiss at the top of the Empire State Building (I know, I know…)